Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Mother...............the last days

My thoughts of yesterdays was abruptly stopped when I suddenly realized why I was in my hometown i.e. to see the last days of her on earth. She died several days ago, after visiting her a week earlier.

When I visited her a week before she died, she even threatened us who are away from her when she said: "When will you visit me, after I'm dead already"? Because of this, I immediately rushed home to pay her a visit. Upon arrival, I sensed the happiness generated by my visit. She even tried to sit down, when in fact she is already bedridden. I tried to hold her but was not able to give the warm hug an expectant mother wishes to received in such a situation.What is worst is that I was not able to spend a longer time at her bedside. I immediately decided to return to Leyte, reasoning that I have some important seminar to attend to.

A week later a call from the province confirmed my belief that my mother would not last long because she already refuses to eat solids. Because of the so many years of being bedridden, she believed she has suffered more than enough that the good Lord has forgiven already the sins she had committed, if ever. That's why I immediately asked some members of my own family who is willing and able to accompany me to the province of Camarines Norte to attend to the wake and funeral of my mother.   

No comments:

Post a Comment